Women at Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church participate in many areas of service and fellowship, including Altar Guild, Care & Concern, Sewing Group, weekly Bible study, lunch and dinner outings, and special events as they occur.
Some of the community outreach projects the women of the congregation have supported include:
- Community Outreach Ministry Endeavor (C.O.M.E.)
- Reaches out to feed and clothe the needy in San Jose. The box to drop off clothes, shoes, food, and small household items is located in the Parish Hall and available all year.
- American Red Cross
- Provides personal hygiene items, devotional books, and snacks to our military overseas.
- Community Pregnancy Centers
- Provides baby items and Christian support to women facing unplanned pregnancies.
Members of our congregation participate in the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League (LWML), an auxiliary of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, Zone 18 (San Jose, Morgan Hill, Cupertino, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale churches), California-Nevada-Hawaii (CNH) District, and the National LWML. Retreats, rallies, and conventions are held throughout the year for personal spiritual growth, a richer prayer life, retreating into the Word of God, and enjoying fellowship with other Christian sisters.
Mites (loose change) are collected year-round for on-going District and National Mission Projects. Drop your change in the the large wooden mite box in the narthex, or take a smaller one to put on your dresser at home, and bring it back full!